Sunday, March 22, 2009

What does Arminnie know about Image?

Since Pink Suede is new, I want to share a little about myself.

I am a mother of 3 boys - 18, 4 and almost 3. So I am busy like most women. Finding time to work out, eat right, and get enough rest to do my body good, is a challenge.

At 5' 3" (well o.k. 5' 2-1/2") I will never grace the high fashion runway. I am blessed/burdened with a curvy hour-glass figure that poses challenges as well as rewards when dressed well. And I rarely leave the house without heels, except to go to the park with my kids...no matter how much I love the height those stilettos give me, I do love to play tag so flats are the way to go some days.

When our last child was born in 2006, I faced my biggest body challenge yet. I was the lucky receiver of a hyp0-thyroid condition. Fairly common post-partum according to my doctor. What wasn't so easy to explain away is the additional 25 pounds on my already overweight, short figure. In a nutshell, I felt awful. My clothes didn't fit, and I grew 3-4 sizes everywhere. It was a challenging and difficult time for me. However, the universe has reminded me that these things always have a silver lining...mine is a more gracious understanding of the trials we all face as women to feel truly great about our bodies.

So for now universe, I will take my daily hormone pill, be thankful that I've mananged to lose 20 of those pesky extra pounds, and take solice in the fact that I can always find wonderful choices in clothing no matter what size I am today...I just gotta think like a detective.

No comments:

Post a Comment